Congratulations! You are learning English with VOA Learning English! Try the quiz to test yourself. Then, look at the list below and see how much you are learning! Come back next week to see more of Anna and her friends in Washington, DC.
Here are the lessons and learning points. Write to us in the Comments section to let us know which you like best.
- Grammar focus: Locating places; Imperatives; There is /There are
- Topics: Giving directions; Sequence of events with then
- Learning Strategy: Use Images
- Speaking & Pronunciation Focus: Giving simple directions; Using rising intonation to check understanding
- Grammar focus: Prepositions (across from, behind); Cardinal numbers indicating quantity; Singular/Plural introduction
- Topics: Describing neighborhoods; Asking for information
- Learning Strategy: Ask Questions
- Speaking & Pronunciation Focus: Expressing gratitude, emphasis on words expressing feelings
- Grammar focus: Auxiliary do and the verb make
- Topics: Family members; family relationships
- Learning Strategy: Find and Apply Patterns
- Speaking & Pronunciation Focus: Ask about a problem; varied ways to pronounce "aunt"
- Grammar focus: Frequency adverbs, cause and effect phrases
- Topics: Usual and unusual activities
- Learning Strategy: Make an Inference
- Speaking & Pronunciation Focus: Using frequency adverbs to talk about cause and effect; blended sounds
- Grammar focus: Position of adjectives before nouns; use of two phrasal verbs: put on and take off
- Topics: Describing clothing colors and sizes; making a suggestion and giving compliments
- Learning Strategy: Personalize
- Speaking & Pronunciation Focus: Making a suggestion; using color adjectives with nouns
What do you think?
How are you using "Let's Learn English?" Is it helping you to learn English? Please write to us in the comments section or send us an email. Take the poll to let us know the most helpful part of each lesson.
Thank you for coming to learn English with us!